In the limited space of my galley-style kitchen, I have to be discretionary about my gadgets. While fancy tools like pineapple corers, cucumber seeders, and garlic presses might beckon for play on the massive wall of the big homegoods store, the reality of my one tiny drawer and two little cabinets limits purchases.
But I have found a new friend that is worth the limited storage real estate -- the Veggie Spiralizer.
Here are 5 Reasons I love this tool ... and why you need to get one:
1) It's fun! This is especially crucial for picky eaters like hesitant kids or stubborn adults. When they get in the fun of making their own cool spirals, they're much more more likely to have fun eating them.
2) You can use up most of your garden. Massive zucchini are one of my favorites to "spiralize", but you can also tackle carrots, beets of any color, sweet potatoes, broccoli stalks, kohlrabi, celery root, parsnips...I have yet to use it on fruit, but I'm thinking apple spirals would be irresistable.
3) It's easy. Breaks apart for easy clean-up and storage. That's as infomercial as I'll get for now.
4) It's affordable. $30? Yes. The price of some entrees can get you endless fun in the kitchen. While pricier gadgets like high-tech blenders and juicers encourage healthy eating, this is a smaller investment for your health journey. It makes a great gift for encouraging health.
5) You too can create fun bowls like this Zucchini Noodle Green Bowl with Arugula Walnut Pesto:
Let the colors guide you and you'll be an Insta-superstar in no time.
Have some fun with your food. Play in the kitchen.